Mrs. Woof’s Barkbox Reviews
Is your pup running out of goodies to eat and play with? And are you too preoccupied with life’s demands that you keep forgetting to buy puppy delights? Dog subscription boxes are here, setting the new trend, to keep your dogs and puppies constantly rewarded. Barkbox boasts a range of high-quality treats and toys that are made from natural products assuring maximum customer satisfaction.
This Barkbox review contains:
- How do I subscribe to Barkbox?
- When does Barkbox ship?
- Barkbox reviews for dogs with Allergies.
- Gift a Barkbox.
What’s a Barkbox?
First things first, Barkbox offers monthly subscription boxes that contain healthy doggie treats and toys for all kinds and types of dogs. Barkbox currently ships to US and Canada.
Each and every barkbox is designed with a theme and contains products related to that theme.
What’s in a Barkbox?
- A combination of four to five treats.
- Toys (stuffed/unstuffed might vary)
- Hygiene products
- A catalog listing the items in the box
About the Products in the box:
The Barkbox team uses product testers like Scout, (That dog is positively adorable!) an 18-month old Miniature Schnauzer to select products. The products are 100% organic and made from highest quality ingredients. (The ingredients and products are a real treat for my dogs and they are unusual too, once we even got a non-alcoholic dog beer called Bowser Beer in our June 2013 box.)
How much does a Barkbox cost?
Worth the money. I would say! Sometimes the combined cost of the products in the box are higher than what you pay for a month. Let’s take a real example.
Barkbox for large dogs- July 2016
Theme- “World Chompians”
- Cost of box according to 1month plan- $29
- Cost of box according to 3-month plan- $24
- Cost of box according to 6-month plan-$21
- Cost of box according to 1-year plan- $19
Products in the box and their prices.
|USA Salmon Snacks||$6|
|Ruby’s Gold medal||$8|
|I-Vanna Not Fall-Ova (stuffed toy)||$14|
|Gold medal dog snacks||$6|
|Etta Says Crunchy Deer Chew||$3|
A collection of genuine reviews:
Barkbox reviews for Small Dogs:
PIXIE (Affenpinscher, 6 months, weighs approximately 6 pounds)
“Pixie ran over to me when she saw me opening a hippie themed Barkbox. Pixie loved the toys and delights. She got very attached to the plush hippie toy and loved to jump on the premium squeaky bus toy. I admit that I am highly satisfied with the box and I love posting reviews about it.”
DONALD (Chihuahua, 18 months, approximately 6 pounds)
“I was initially hesitant to subscribe Barkbox as I did not know if my tiny Donald would be able to chew the toys and treats. I read a few reviews which coaxed me into buying it. I took a chance and it turned out to be wonderful. The chews and toys were perfect for my little boy.”
BELLA (Cesky Terrier, 18 months, 17 pounds)
“My mother has two medium sized dogs and regularly subscribes to barkbox. I was reluctant as the themes and treats according to me, did not suit my little Bella. My mother said that Barkbox takes the size of the dog into account and urged me to take a look at a few reviews and subscribe. I did and was hugely surprised as Bella’s box had an entirely different theme! She loved everything in the box.”
- Barkbox ensures customer satisfaction by testing the Barkboxes on their own dogs. The product testers vary in sizes and work hard to provide for their fellow dogs.
- Barkbox customizes the box according to the size of the dog. Treats and toys in boxes for other sizes vary.
- Barkbox understands that every dog is unique and they try hard to keep our furry pals happy by constantly implementing new ideas, catering individually to every dog’s needs.
- Barkbox also caters to dogs that are allergic to chicken, turkey or beef by sending them an Allergy Friendly Barkbox. They also strive a lot to satisfy their diverse customers. All you have to do is email them at [email protected]
Barkbox reviews for Medium Sized Dogs:
MURPHY (Beagle, 17 months, 24 pounds)
“Murphy is very active and the toys she gets every month from Barkbox keeps her occupied. I was worried about the chewability of the toys but my worries were put to rest when I saw that the products were chew-friendly. It’s no wonder that this box has five-star reviews.”
ZOE (German Pinscher, 2 years, 37 pounds)
“Zoe loves the high quality treats that comes with every Barkbox. The different treats every month take away the mundaneness of Zoe’s life. As Zoe’s papa, I feel that Barkbox could include more actual accessories like dog socks or mittens. Just saying.”
POLLIE (Polish Lowland Sheepdog, 2 years, 35 pounds)
“Pollie loves to run around our farm showing off her new barkbox treats to her sheep friends. We always get her an extra toy as she is a heavy chewer and toys are ripped in minutes. Thankfully, Barkbox sometimes offers toys with no filling and most of them are squeaky toys which Pollie adores. They even offer to exchange a product if Pollie doesn’t like it.”
- Barkbox offers a “heavy chewer option” for dogs that love to chew their toys. All toys are chew-tested by Barkbox’s furry product testers.
- The treats that come in a Barkbox, differs in theme and the treats are specially made with high quality ingredients that have undergone minimal processing.
- Barkbox also allows you to exchange products that your dog doesn’t like or if your product is defective.
- The toys and delights are designed specifically to meet standards and to suit your dog’s need and size.
Barkbox Reviews for Large dogs:
HUGO, (Great Dane, 8months, approximately 80lbs)
“Hugo loves to play and we often ran out of toys as the toys didn’t last very long. A friend of mine suggested Barkbox and now we are happy pup parents with our dear pup who absolutely adores Barkbox.”
COOPER (Bull Mastiff, 2years, approximately weighs 101 pounds)
“Being a Bull Mastiff, Cooper was our house’s heavy weight champion. He needed a bit extra in everything. I wasn’t sure whether the treats in Barkbox would suit him and I thought the goodies might be tiny. The reviews I looked at were good. I thought of it as a onetime choice and ordered a box but now I’m a regular subscriber. As I opened the box, I could feel the amount of care the team from barkbox had taken to identify and customize these goody treats.”
BLING (Black Russian Terrier, 16 months, 88 pounds)
“Bling has always been our little princess. Barkbox has just made her more royal. It is so amazing to know that someone out there cares for your dog as they take pains to give an apt theme and customize it. We’ve always taken care to feed her high quality products and Barkbox offers much more than satisfaction in this area. They even send hygiene products occasionally which we sometimes re order from the Barkshop.”
- Barkbox has different products which result in completely different boxes for dogs of different sizes (Small, Medium and Large).
- The toys, delights and accessories are made to fit your dog as per its size and weight.
- If you like a particular product from your barkbox, you can reorder it through the Barkshop.
How do I subscribe to Barkbox?
It’s as easy as eating a piece of chocolate cake. Go to Barkbox.com. Click the “Get Started” button and select the size of your dog and the plan. Fill in the billing details and shipping info. Barkbox also wants to know a bit more about your dogs, so fill in those and then you are good to go.
When does Barkbox ship?
Shipping differs according to the place you live in.
Customers living in the outer states of US and Canada can expect their Barkboxes in 7 to 12 days.
And for those living in the lower 48 states, you’ll get your first box within 10 days.
Barkbox Reviews for Dogs with Allergies:
- You don’t have to worry if your pet is allergic to wheat, corn or soy as Barkbox products are already free from the above.
- If your pet is allergic to chicken, beef or turkey, then Barkbox would ship you the Allergy-Friendly box.
- If your pet has other allergies, you will have to email Barkbox at [email protected], asking them to customize the box for your pup.
Gift a Barkbox:
Want to gift a Barkbox to your friend’s pup? Great choice!
Click Here to gift! You can subscribe for a one-time box with different monthly subscription plans or get a gift voucher from Barkbox. And please do note that gift box subscriptions will not renew like normal monthly subscriptions.
Read more pet product reviews: