Every dog lover (and dog parent) wants the best for their fur baby. Starting right from food, shelter, accessories; we try to give the most comfortable one that will suit their liking. The latest package for dogs that has become a big bag of excitement is dog subscription boxes. There are many monthly dog subscription boxes available to choose from, and they are an absolute delight to await!
The boxes come with the option to register for either monthly subscription, 6 months or make it an annual dog subscription. However, this might vary with each box type and so does the pricing. A single box for one month contains pet treats, toys, accessories and dog chew. Most boxes, like Barkbox especially, have a unique theme for every month and the contents are theme centered (which is adorable!). PetGiftBox also has cat subscription boxes. BarkBox, PawPack, Suprise My Pet, Loot Pets, Pet Gift Box, Pet Treater, PupBox, PupJoy, etc, are the different pet subscription boxes. They come with their own list of positives and negatives and this is what we will look at here.
This is one of the earliest and most famous dog subscription boxes, which are doing quite well all around the year! They started their business in 2011 and a span of 2 years was sufficient for the company to reach great heights. Although this is popular and the most subscribed for dog subscription, there are pros and cons of BarkBox too! Here they go,
Pros of BarkBox:
• Inexpensive compared to other dog subscription box.
• You will have to pay $21 for every month for an annual subscription; which is a great deal! The 6-month subscription is at $25 per BarkBox which is also good!
• Multi-dog discount is available; an additional bonus!
• The website is absolutely user-friendly, easy to navigate, has fun blogs and different options to customize your box.
Your box will meet your dog’s needs under these criteria: dog size, an extra premium toy if your pet is a heavy chewer, specific allergies that can be mentioned, fuss-free replacement of one product per month.
BarkBox also has a separate box category called ‘Super Chewer Box’. All the products that come in this pet box are designed for heavy chewers.
• BarkBox has free shipping.
• All the products sent are of good quality and worth the money paid.
• 10% of the proceeds are donated to rescue organizations; which satisfies your heart.
• Stay in touch with the website at all times with their mobile app for Android and iPhone.
Cons of BarkBox:
• They do not have cat boxes; which can bring a frown on pet owners with dogs and cats.
• No free shipping to Alaska and Hawaii.
The second best dog subscription after BarkBox is PawPack, solely because of its excellent hypoallergenic dog food and customer service reputation. This box is an overload of things with a different collection of toys, treats, and accessories. They are good in quality and most preferred for their emphasis on natural and organic products. PawPack too has its own list of pros and cons when compared to the other pet subscription boxes in the market. Here is what we got.
Pros of PawPack:
• Excellent customer service! This stands first on their reputation list.
• 100% allergy free products, 100% natural and eco-friendly products. If your pet is allergic to any of the products sent- treats or chews; you will receive a replacement for free. Hypoallergenic products are their standout.
• 10% of proceeds are sent to animal rescue centers.
• Cat boxes are available- cat lovers will add an extra star for this!
• The toys sent are sensible and durable. They are sturdy and serve the purpose.
• Their blog, called ‘The Daily Paw’, is quite entertaining and informational.
Cons of PawPack:
• Expensive in price. It comes at $35 per month. If you sign up for a regular monthly subscription you will get 10% per month, which would be $31.50 per month.
• The treats and toys do not have much variety.
• If you are expecting cutely themed products, you will not get them too.
• They do not have extra small dog option.
If you are looking for a reasonably priced yet a fun pet box that includes themed toys and healthy treats, you should try Loot Pets from Loot Crate. This pet box comes at $24.99 per month ($19.99 + $5 for shipping); which is an awesome deal for the products they send. You can pick your plan type (one month, 3 months, 6 months and annual), dog size, and collar size and get started! This dog subscription box is a good one to start off your pet’s surprise journey. Let’s take a look at its pros and cons.
Pros of Loot Pets:
• Comes at an extremely affordable price!
• Ships worldwide; which is brilliant!
• Their products are themed, and fun to use. Your dog gets to wear a themed t-shirt every month, how cool is that?
• Durable toys and dog accessories.
• The treats and chews are healthy and with interesting flavors.
Cons of Loot Pets:
• The quality of the accessories is good, but not great.
• Does not have cat boxes.
Surprise My Pet
Surprise your pet with a whole load of goodies- fun toys, yummy treats, and accessories with Suprise My Pet subscription box. This is a pet subscription box that also offers cat boxes. Surprise My Pet is a new kid on the block and is doing an as excellent job so far. Here is what you got to know about them.
Pros of Surprise My Pet:
• The box is an overload! You get 4 to 5 toys and treats, and they are all interesting!
• The box comes with a theme; sensible and exciting.
• Toys are sturdy and fun.
• Cat box subscription is available.
• They have extra small dog option.
• Paw for Paw Guarantee- if your pet doesn’t like any of the box contents let them know and you will receive a replacement for free in the next month’s box.
• Get a 3% discount on order by hitting a ‘like’ on Facebook- smart!
• 10% of proceeds are sent to animal charities.
• You can cancel a shipment anytime and can also skip shipments. Makes this extremely comfortable and easy!
Cons of Surprise My Pet:
• The website is not completely updated, YET!
• They do not have phone customer support.
• This box is also priced at $35 per month which is expensive.
Pet Gift Box:
If you are looking forward to gifting any pet, dog or cat, just around the season you can opt for Pet Gift Box even if not monthly. They are also a newbie to the business and are doing considerably well already. They ship for free and have different plans to make your subscription selection. The lowest price on monthly pet box is $25. Here is what you can expect from them.
Pros of Pet Gift Box:
• Reasonably priced.
• The box is themed for each season and it is just perfect to send it across as a gift.
• With every purchase, you help them in supporting animal rescue centers.
• Cat boxes are available.
• Shipping is free and you can cancel shipping as well.
• The products sent are worth buying for the price they come at.
• You can earn and redeem points to get goodies and free boxes.
• They will initiate a full refund if your furry pal disapproves of any of the pet box contents.
Cons of Pet Gift Box:
• Phone support and app isn’t available as yet.
• The toys sent aren’t creative as BarkBox.
PetBox is also a subscription box for both dogs and cats. They were founded in 2012 and were active till 2015. According to reports, they are not in business anymore. PetBox used to ship to the U.S and had a service quite similar to the other existing pet boxes, with a few differences here and there. We have a small sneak peek into their pros and cons to feed your enthusiasm.
Pros of PetBox:
• Cat and dog boxes available. Owners can subscribe for both if need be.
• You can customize your pet box according to dog or cat size and what treats or toys you prefer being sent (this was quite different and interesting!). If not, you can have PetBox select them for you.
• Many products sent- 2 to 3 toys and 3 treats. Worth for the money paid.
Cons of PetBox:
• On the expensive side with $39 per month. An annual subscription will give you a reduction in the price to an extent.
• The treats are of good quality but the toys aren’t so, especially if you have a heavy chewer. The toys in PetBox are a big disappointment.
• Customer service is not great either.