Mrs. Woof’s Barkbox Reviews
Is your pup running out of goodies to eat and play with? And are you too preoccupied with life’s demands that you keep forgetting to buy puppy delights? Dog subscription boxes are here, setting the new trend, to keep your dogs and puppies constantly rewarded. Barkbox boasts a range of high-quality treats and toys that are made from natural products assuring maximum customer satisfaction.
This Barkbox review contains:
- How do I subscribe to Barkbox?
- When does Barkbox ship?
- Barkbox reviews for dogs with Allergies.
- Gift a Barkbox.
What’s a Barkbox?
First things first, Barkbox offers monthly subscription boxes that contain healthy doggie treats and toys for all kinds and types of dogs. Barkbox currently ships to US and Canada.
Each and every barkbox is designed with a theme and contains products related to that theme.
What’s in a Barkbox?
- A combination of four to five treats.
- Toys (stuffed/unstuffed might vary)
- Hygiene products
- A catalog listing the items in the box
About the Products in the box:
The Barkbox team uses product testers like Scout, (That dog is positively adorable!) an 18-month old Miniature Schnauzer to select products. The products are 100% organic and made from highest quality ingredients. (The ingredients and products are a real treat for my dogs and they are unusual too, once we even got a non-alcoholic dog beer called Bowser Beer in our June 2013 box.)
How much does a Barkbox cost?
Worth the money. I would say! Sometimes the combined cost of the products in the box are higher than what you pay for a month. Let’s take a real example.
Barkbox for large dogs- July 2016
Theme- “World Chompians”
- Cost of box according to 1month plan- $29
- Cost of box according to 6-month plan-$25
- Cost of box according to 1-year plan- $21
Products in the box and their prices.
|USA Salmon Snacks||$6|
|Ruby’s Gold medal||$8|
|I-Vanna Not Fall-Ova (stuffed toy)||$14|
|Gold medal dog snacks||$6|
|Etta Says Crunchy Deer Chew||$3|
A collection of genuine reviews:
Barkbox reviews for Small Dogs:
PIXIE (Affenpinscher, 6 months, weighs approximately 6 pounds)
“Pixie ran over to me when she saw me opening a hippie themed Barkbox. Pixie loved the toys and delights. She got very attached to the plush hippie toy and loved to jump on the premium squeaky bus toy. I admit that I am highly satisfied with the box and I love posting reviews about it.”
DONALD (Chihuahua, 18 months, approximately 6 pounds)
“I was initially hesitant to subscribe Barkbox as I did not know if my tiny Donald would be able to chew the toys and treats. I read a few reviews which coaxed me into buying it. I took a chance and it turned out to be wonderful. The chews and toys were perfect for my little boy.”
BELLA (Cesky Terrier, 18 months, 17 pounds)
“My mother has two medium sized dogs and regularly subscribes to barkbox. I was reluctant as the themes and treats according to me, did not suit my little Bella. My mother said that Barkbox takes the size of the dog into account and urged me to take a look at a few reviews and subscribe. I did and was hugely surprised as Bella’s box had an entirely different theme! She loved everything in the box.”
- Barkbox ensures customer satisfaction by testing the Barkboxes on their own dogs. The product testers vary in sizes and work hard to provide for their fellow dogs.
- Barkbox customizes the box according to the size of the dog. Treats and toys in boxes for other sizes vary.
- Barkbox understands that every dog is unique and they try hard to keep our furry pals happy by constantly implementing new ideas, catering individually to every dog’s needs.
- Barkbox also caters to dogs that are allergic to chicken, turkey or beef by sending them an Allergy Friendly Barkbox. They also strive a lot to satisfy their diverse customers. All you have to do is email them at [email protected]
Barkbox reviews for Medium Sized Dogs:
MURPHY (Beagle, 17 months, 24 pounds)
“Murphy is very active and the toys she gets every month from Barkbox keeps her occupied. I was worried about the chewability of the toys but my worries were put to rest when I saw that the products were chew-friendly. It’s no wonder that this box has five-star reviews.”
ZOE (German Pinscher, 2 years, 37 pounds)
“Zoe loves the high quality treats that comes with every Barkbox. The different treats every month take away the mundaneness of Zoe’s life. As Zoe’s papa, I feel that Barkbox could include more actual accessories like dog socks or mittens. Just saying.”
POLLIE (Polish Lowland Sheepdog, 2 years, 35 pounds)
“Pollie loves to run around our farm showing off her new barkbox treats to her sheep friends. We always get her an extra toy as she is a heavy chewer and toys are ripped in minutes. Thankfully, Barkbox sometimes offers toys with no filling and most of them are squeaky toys which Pollie adores. They even offer to exchange a product if Pollie doesn’t like it.”
- Barkbox offers a “heavy chewer option” for dogs that love to chew their toys. All toys are chew-tested by Barkbox’s furry product testers.
- The treats that come in a Barkbox, differs in theme and the treats are specially made with high quality ingredients that have undergone minimal processing.
- Barkbox also allows you to exchange products that your dog doesn’t like or if your product is defective.
- The toys and delights are designed specifically to meet standards and to suit your dog’s need and size.
Barkbox Reviews for Large dogs:
HUGO, (Great Dane, 8months, approximately 80lbs)
“Hugo loves to play and we often ran out of toys as the toys didn’t last very long. A friend of mine suggested Barkbox and now we are happy pup parents with our dear pup who absolutely adores Barkbox.”
COOPER (Bull Mastiff, 2years, approximately weighs 101 pounds)
“Being a Bull Mastiff, Cooper was our house’s heavy weight champion. He needed a bit extra in everything. I wasn’t sure whether the treats in Barkbox would suit him and I thought the goodies might be tiny. The reviews I looked at were good. I thought of it as a onetime choice and ordered a box but now I’m a regular subscriber. As I opened the box, I could feel the amount of care the team from barkbox had taken to identify and customize these goody treats.”
BLING (Black Russian Terrier, 16 months, 88 pounds)
“Bling has always been our little princess. Barkbox has just made her more royal. It is so amazing to know that someone out there cares for your dog as they take pains to give an apt theme and customize it. We’ve always taken care to feed her high quality products and Barkbox offers much more than satisfaction in this area. They even send hygiene products occasionally which we sometimes re order from the Barkshop.”
- Barkbox has different products which result in completely different boxes for dogs of different sizes (Small, Medium and Large).
- The toys, delights and accessories are made to fit your dog as per its size and weight.
- If you like a particular product from your barkbox, you can reorder it through the Barkshop.
How do I subscribe to Barkbox?
It’s as easy as eating a piece of chocolate cake. Go to Barkbox.com. Click the “Get Started” button and select the size of your dog and the plan. Fill in the billing details and shipping info. Barkbox also wants to know a bit more about your dogs, so fill in those and then you are good to go.
When does Barkbox ship?
Shipping differs according to the place you live in.
Customers living in the outer states of US and Canada can expect their Barkboxes in 7 to 12 days.
And for those living in the lower 48 states, you’ll get your first box within 10 days.
Barkbox Reviews for Dogs with Allergies:
- You don’t have to worry if your pet is allergic to wheat, corn or soy as Barkbox products are already free from the above.
- If your pet is allergic to chicken, beef or turkey, then Barkbox would ship you the Allergy-Friendly box.
- If your pet has other allergies, you will have to email Barkbox at [email protected], asking them to customize the box for your pup.
BarkBox Super Chewer Box
Challenged with mighty teeth power? BarkBox Dog Subscription Box has a solution for you. Many dog parents are faced with the challenge of constantly having to find tougher alternatives for their pups and dogs who are Super Chewers- fur babies who just can’t have enough chewing time! Some dogs even after growing into adulthood find the need to keep chewing and chew more and some more again. For dogs like these; dog toys, dog chews, and even treats have to be strong enough to give their teeth a good fight. BarkBox Super Chewer Box allows its subscribers to have something special and custom made called Super Chewer BarkBox sent to them. These will contain dog treats, dog chews, and dog toys that are built to be hard and tough for their strong teeth. The products in BarkBox Super Chewer Box will last longer and will also be worth the money you pay for.
Here you have the options ‘Small but Mighty’ (0 to 20 pounds), ‘Middle Weight’ (20 to 50 pounds), and ‘Large and in Charge’ (50 plus pounds). Super Chewer box is priced at $39 per month for a box, $34 per box for 6 months subscription and $29 per box for an annual subscription.
Gift a Barkbox:
Want to gift a Barkbox to your friend’s pup? Great choice!
Click Here to gift! You can subscribe for a one-time box with different monthly subscription plans or get a gift voucher from Barkbox. And please do note that gift box subscriptions will not renew like normal monthly subscriptions.
Read more pet product reviews:
Yes! BarkBox is worth every dime you pay. With BarkBox dog subscription box you get the best of both worlds; you can save a ton of money on individual pet products and you get the dog products of the best quality at a brilliant price. The quality of the products and the service will not disappoint you and hence BarkBox is worth it.
Without a doubt, yes! The edible snacks as well as the toys; every product that you find within a BarkBox is guaranteed to be of excellent quality. BarkBox makes no compromise on the quality of the products they manufacture exclusively to provide for their customers.
A BarkBox will contain treats, toys, chews, dog grooming products, etc. Each month has a creative theme and the contents of the box, products, brochure, and wrapping will be in line with the theme. Your box will contain 2 toys, 2 bags of treats, and 1 chew. There may be some months when you find an additional chew, treat or even a dog product like a poop bag or shampoo, or even a fun accessory like a bandana.
You cannot choose what product or theme your BarkBox would be in. The theme for each month is pre-planned and the products (treats and toys) will be to suit the theme. However, you can inform what products are to your pet’s liking. If you have any concerns, on allergies or durability of the toys, if there are any products you want more or less of you can mention them.
BarkBox respects its customers’ apprehension to know where their products come from. All treats sent by BarkBox are made in the USA and Canada. The chews are made in the USA, South America, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand. BarkBox has manufacturers and vendors in these countries that ensure your pet receives the best without any compromise on quality.
Yes. Every bag of treats sent by BarkBox will mention that they are grain-free, soy-free, corn-free, and free of all types of fillers and artificial additives and preservatives.
Yes, certainly! All products from BarkBox are made using the highest grade of ingredients. They are natural, healthy, and processed to ensure your dog becomes healthier and happier. You can be assured that your dog will consume only the best of treats, bites, and chews that BarkBox sends.
- Barkbox ships around the 15th of every month and once the box is shipped, they would send you an email confirming your shipment and customers in the US living in the lower 48 states will have free shipping, with their boxes being delivered within 2-8 business days. US customers also get tracking details. Customers in Canada can expect the subscription box for their dogs within 4-12 days of shipment and they apologize for the lack of tracking details as you cannot track your box once it leaves the US. Shipping costs about $5 for customers in Canada and other outer states in the US.
- A combination of DHL and USPS is used to ship and deliver Barkboxes.
- Once your petbox is shipped, you’ll get an email, soo that you’ll know when to expect the delivery.
- If you think your subscription is missing, Shoot an email to [email protected]
- If tracking details show that your dog subscription box is delivered but you can’t find it, then it is advised that you check with your friends and neighbours as a first step.
- You are also requested to check with your local post office before contacting Barkbox.
BarkBox now ships to Canada for FREE! You can subscribe and enjoy all the BarkBox subscription boxes delivered to your home in Canada for FREE!
Barkbox ships to all states in the US and Canada including APO/FPO locations.
Yes, provided that you live in the United States. Canadian customers will get an email confirming their shipment.
It takes 7 to 12 days to ship a BarkBox to a new subscriber even to outer the U.S and Canada. If you are a regular BarkBox subscriber, you will receive your box by the 15th of every month.
Barkbox ships via DHL and USPS (Priority mail) inside US and ships to Canada via USPA to Canada Post. This requires you to personally collect the box and if a re delivery is not possible, you’ll be asked to go to the post office. But you can avoid all this by customizing your delivery options or by talking to the USPA personnel. You can schedule your delivery time as well by going to my.usps.com.
If you commit yourself with Barkbox for a longer time, they have enough time to make the best for you as their manufacturers sometimes cater products specially designed for Barkbox alone. It all depends on the customer’s choices. You are given the choice to choose the best for you.
When you subscribe for the first time, you’ll be asked to select the size of your dog. If you want to change the size during mid subscription, make sure you do it by logging in to your Barkbox profile and select the required size on or before the 5th of every month.
Follow these steps.
- Log into your BarkBox account.
- Click on the “Subscriptions” option.
- Click on “All Subscriptions” (if you have more than one)
- Click on “Edit” option.
- Scroll down that page and click the “Cancel Renewal” button.
Do you like a particular item from the Barkbox you received? You can re-order that item by looking for the product code on the descriptive catalog you received or you can order the whole box from Barkshop.
BarkBox is all about providing the best for your dog’s tummy. All treats sent are free from wheat, soy, corn, grains, and fillers. Every ingredient is ensured to be safe for even sensitive tummies. However, you can still mention any ingredient that has to be avoided in your dog’s box. Chicken, turkey and beef allergies are accommodated in BarkBox allergy boxes; if there are further concerns they would be happy to be of help.
Scout’s honour is Barkbox’s guarantee that if your pup doesn’t like an item, then Barkbox will send you another which will suit your dog. You don’t have to pay and there will be no questions asked. But Barkbox requests you to use this option only when your pup positively hates a product.
You would see that BarkBox supplies for dogs of all life stages. Currently, BarkBox does not have any special subscription for Senior Dog. Nevertheless, you can mention any special needs that your senior dog would like to be addressed with and your box will contain products that cater to it. Any complaints or returns can always be processed with ease at BarkBox subscription service.
The Destroyer’s club is a program that rewards your dogs for destroying their toys. Post pictures of your dog’s achievement in Instagram with the tag #destroyer’s club and tag @thebarkshop.
The dangers of rawhide products lay in their processing. Formaldehyde is a compound which is harmful to health and poses a choking hazard in its method of processing. This is the reason many anxious dog parents are against rawhide products. Whereas, at BarkBox, formaldehyde is out of the picture and their processing uses a technique that dries rawhide products in a way it is choking hazard-free. BarkBox rawhide products are thus completely safe for your dog. Nevertheless, if you aren’t comfortable in treating your dog to rawhide products, you can contact them.
BarkBox has boxes to suit all life stages of a dog. Based on your dog’s age and weight, you can make your box’s selection. They do not have an exclusive box for puppies at the moment.
As much as BarkBox loves feline friends, currently they do not have a cat subscription box service. The focus is solely on mastering the products for dogs and becoming experts at it. Maybe in the future, BarkBox would include cat boxes. But, at the moment the answer is no.
Yes, you can. However, remember to be gentle while washing them (although your dog may not be!). BarkBox toys are machine washable, on a gentle cycle. They can also be machine dried on low heat for a few minutes.